User Experience Internship – Consumer Experience, 2022
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is seeking talented student designers for internships in our Core Experience UX team. In this role you’ll work on simple, delightful and engaging user experiences while gaining hands-on learning in product design and development. You’ll work with some incredibly talented designers as we create exciting new experiences across our app, our speakers and much, much more.
What you’ll do
Guided by a mentor in the UX team, you’ll work with colleagues in design, user research, product management and software development to create easy and delightful Sonos experiences. You’ll learn about product development, sample the role and importance of design in practice, and gain valuable experience working on compelling new products for consumer and professional customers!
Team member – You will work on a UX team as we develop a feature or experience. This could include user research, ideation, concept development, prototyping, specification, and development support and testing.
Personal Project – You will also be responsible to develop your own project that helps the Sonos team explore an important topic.
What you’ll need
- You’re working towards a bachelors or masters degree in a related discipline, such as user experience design, user interface design, industrial design, cogsci
- You are curious
- You have an aptitude to design experiences that are both pleasurable and easy to use
- You have strong communication skills, in-persona and remotely
- You thrive in cross-functional teams
- You can assimilate broad feedback and synthesize it into coherent designs
- Submit a portfolio (pdf or website) that quickly explains the breadth of work/projects you’ve done, and contains one or two deeper case studies showing problems or projects that you completed. The team loves to see your process, not just the finished product in these case studies.
Schedule and Location
- We are looking for interns for Summer (roughly mid-May – September)
- Positions are full-time (40 hrs/week) for 10-12 weeks.
- All internships are paid.
- All internships are currently remote at Sonos. This could change at any time.
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.